The automotive industry is often cited as one of the most efficient and lean manufacturing sectors. For nearly 20 years Simulation Solutions have supplied and supported simulation technologies that meet the requirements for faster development, leaner supply chains and safer factories.
- Applying Jack human simulation software to assess and solve ergonomics issues – From ensuring assembly lines are ergonomically sound so that workers can safely reach, see and fit parts during assembly, to assessing packaging of vehicle interiors to maximise comfort and ease of use for drivers.
- Using Plant Simulation to simulate manufacturing and supply chain operations – From detailed lineside and facility simulations to ‘helicopter view’ supply and distribution logistics in order to validate operations and mitigate financial risk.
- Virtual commissioning of body in white lines – Supporting offline programming of robots and virtual commissioning of PLCs, our technical knowledge and hands on support as a Siemens partner is unsurpassed in the UK.
The Tecnomatix suite of Siemens PLM products can be applied within the Automotive Industry to provide solutions for a wide variety of problems relating to manufacturing, product design and supply chain logistics.
The Siemens Tecnomatix products that have added value to our automotive customers businesses include:
- Plant Simulation: Tecnomatix Plant Simulation enables the modelling and simulating of Manufacturing, Warehousing and logistics processes. Using Plant Simulation, you can optimise material flow, resource utilisation and logistics for all levels of logistics planning from global manufacturing and distribution facilities, through to local operations.
- Jack: Tecnomatix Jack is an ergonomics and human factors product that can help the automotive industry improve the ergonomics of product designs and workplace tasks. It enables users to position biomechanically accurate and differently sized digital humans in virtual environments, assign them tasks and analyse their performance. Jack (and Jill) digital humans can tell engineers what they can see and reach, how comfortable they are, when and why they’re getting hurt, when they’re getting tired and other important ergonomics information.
- Robotics: Tecnomatix Robot simulation enables the design, simulation, optimisation, analysis and off-line programming of multi-device robotic and automated manufacturing processes in the context of product and production resource information. Process Simulate allows you to virtually validate their manufacturing processes prior to the start of production.
- Facility Analysis: Tecnomatix facility analysis tools (FactoryCAD Factory FLOW) gives you everything you need to create detailed, intelligent factory and facility models by allowing you to work with “smart objects” that virtually represent all the resources used in a factory or distribution centre. In addition, FactoryFLOW enables engineers to optimise layouts based on material flow distances, frequency, and costs.
for information about the solutions we can provide for the Automotive Industry.